AirLink Air Quality Monitor by Davis Instruments (2-pack)
SPECIAL MULTI-PACK PRICING: Save $25 over individual monitors. With two air quality monitors, you can see both outside and inside air quality; or compare two different rooms in your home or business.
An air quality monitor can help you take steps to deal with poor air quality, especially for those who are particularly sensitive. The AirLink® Professional Air Quality Monitor can be used inside your home or outdoors. An AirLink Quality Monitor provides real-time Air Quality Index readings and sends them to your phone or computer. The air quality sensor measures particulates (PM) in the air by size: PM1, PM2.5, and PM10. The air quality meter gives you information both as data and as a color-coded graph that is easy to understand. AirLink is one of the best air monitors on the market for your home and outdoor air quality concerns.
Highlights Click here to learn more about the product.
- ACCURATE: Measures particulates as small as 0.3 micrometers with an accuracy of +/-10 micrograms per cubic meter in concentrations.
- REAL-TIME READINGS: See updates on your phone and computer every minute.
- GLOBAL AIR QUALITY INDICES: Choose from a growing list including US, Canada, Mexico, China, EU, UK, Australia, India, and South Korea.
- WI-FI CONNECTED: Easily connect AirLink to your Wi-Fi network to send data to the Davis Cloud.
- PAIR WITH A WEATHER STATION: Use multiple AirLinks as stand-alone sensors or easily merge with your Davis weather station.
- SIMPLE SETUP: Quickly install AirLink inside or outside by following the simple directions on the free WeatherLink app. Compact, low-profile design with near-silent fan mounts on a wall or sits on a countertop.
- AC-powered with 6.6' (2 m) cable. 25' (7.6 m) cable available.
- 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Enjoy peace of mind with Davis’s reputation for quality and durability. Learn more
FAQsClick here to view popular questions and answers about the product.
What do air quality monitors do?
An air quality monitor has a fan that draws in the air surrounding the monitor. The air passes through as a laser shines through the air inside the sensor. Particulate matter like dust, mold, pollen block the light. The sensor can determine the concentration and size of particles based on the strength of the light that reaches the other side.
How accurate are air quality monitors?
The air quality sensor on the AirLink Professional Air Quality Monitor can measure particulates as small as 0.3 microns with a concentration accuracy of +/- 10 micrograms per cubic meter.
The device can provide a reading of particulates from less than 1 micron (PM1) to less than 10 microns (PM10). Inhalable particulates that are 2.5 microns or smaller are small enough to penetrate deeply into your lungs and can cause difficulty breathing in some people.
You can choose from air quality indexes of 9 different countries including Canada, UK, US, Mexico, China, South Korea, EU, Australia, and India.
Why is air quality monitoring important?
Knowing your area’s air quality in real-time is important, especially for those who have heart and lung conditions, asthma, or allergies. You can get this information from the local news station, but air quality can change drastically during the day, especially in areas prone to wildfires or dust storms, and from one location to another. That’s why the AirLink Professional Air Quality Monitor was designed as both an indoor and outdoor air quality monitor.
Children, elders, and women who are pregnant are of special concern when air quality is poor. Wildfires as far as 200 miles away can produce dangerous particulates of PM2.5 or smaller which are hazardous for the lungs and can further aggravate respiratory issues like asthma and bronchitis.
How do I read an air quality monitor?
The AirLink Professional Air Quality Monitor provides information about dust, smoke, pollution, dew point, and heat index. This information is automatically uploaded and presented in color-coded graphs that allow you to track changes over time. This allows you to monitor the air quality for sudden changes even if you cannot tell the difference physically. With two AirLinks, you can compare indoor and outdoor air quality. You can also compare different areas of your home. This information can help you decide to take action when air quality is poor.