Shipping and Receiving Clerk APPLY NOW
Davis Instruments created the personal weather station market over 30 years ago. Since then, Davis has continued to lead the industry in accurate, reliable, and affordable weather instruments and data communication platforms for homeowners, businesses, schools, researchers, municipalities, and growers.
Davis’ EnviroMonitor agricultural technology allows farmers to increase yields and use resources efficiently by making data-informed decisions. The original Davis Instruments line of marine products has been making boating more fun and safer for 50 years. Davis enjoys an excellent reputation, across all product lines, for high quality, durable, and easy to use products and excellent customer service.
As our business continues to grow, we are on the lookout for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join our team. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for assisting in the packing of outbound shipments and backup for receiving as needed.
- Operates computerized shipping manifest system like UPS, FedEx, etc
- Manifests orders and to ensure that all orders that require customer specific requirements and instructions are fulfill, verified, and processed accordingly as required
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Minimum 2 years of previous work experience in a warehouse, Electronic/Manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently
- Ability to perform repetitious duties while standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. regularly
- Starting pay is $21.62 (After 90-day probation, pay increases to $22.37)
- Shift: 5–8-hour days (Mon-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
- Must become a member of the Teamsters Local 853 union
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k benefits offered after 3 calendar months
- Must pass background and drug screening
Important COVID-19 Guidance:
In September 2021, the US government issued new federal vaccine regulations that certain government contractors must adhere to. Davis Instruments is a covered federal contractor and therefore our US-based employees are required to be vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination, by January 4, 2021. What does this mean for you as a potential candidate? It means that if you were to join Davis Instruments, you would need to be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022, or by your hire date (whichever is later) to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation or be legally entitled to an accommodation. Davis Instruments will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
UPDATED December 10, 2021 - Due to recent court challenges, the vaccination requirements have been temporarily suspended for Federal Contractors. This is a very fluid situation however, and proof of vaccination status may be required in the future.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.