Document Control Coordinator APPLY NOW
Davis has continued to lead the industry in accurate, reliable, and affordable weather instruments and data communication platforms for homeowners, businesses, schools, researchers, municipalities, and growers.
Davis’ EnviroMonitor agricultural technology allows farmers to increase yields and use resources efficiently by making data-informed decisions. The original Davis Instruments line of marine products has been making boating more fun and safer for 50 years. Davis enjoys an excellent reputation, across all product lines, for high quality, durable, and easy to use products and excellent customer service.
Davis Instruments is looking for a highly motivated Document Control Coordinator. This positions’ primarily responsibility is to ensure consistency, accuracy and regulatory compliance of product and documentation changes executed through the documentation process.
- Maintains and ensures accuracy and data integrity of the System Parts Master.
- Manage and facilitate an efficient Engineering Control Order system.
- Works as the JIRA Administrator for Manufacturing and Document Control Projects.
- Works with Component Engineering to maintain the Qualified Manufacturers Files (AVL’s)
- Maintains, and makes improvements, and documents the company’s document control management system.
- Works with Engineering during the NPI process to structure new parts as they are developed, and create new MOM’s and BOM’s a allow all Manufacturing and Financial processed to flow smoothly,
- Accurately inputs and maintains Part Master and Bills of Materials and MOMs (Methods of Manufacturing) Keep track of ECO change packages, and update documents per red lines.
- Works with Cost Accounting, Manufacturing Engineering, and Purchasing to make sure standard costs are accurately reported and that BOM/MOM are rolled as necessary to maintain system Standard Costing information.
- Examines and checks documents such as, drawings, engineering change requests, engineering change orders, engineering deviation requests and related specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data as well as proper department routing & approval.
- Assists Production and Inventory Control to ensure accuracy in Work Order and Inventory transactions.
- Works with authors, reviewers, and approvers in a positive, collaborative manner to ensure controlled documents are routed, reviewed, and approved in a timely manner.
- Other Duties as assigned
- AA Degree is preferred
- APICS Certification/CPIM desired
- Position generally requires 3+ years’ experience in the field of Document Control in a discrete manufacturing environment.
- Experience using JIRA Software tools
- In‐depth knowledge of ERP or MRP software (NetSuite preferred)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are required.
- Excellent attention to detail, high word processing accuracy.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently and in a team environment. Strong follow up, organization and prioritization skills.
- Familiarity with CAD software packages such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks, Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio is preferred.
Important COVID-19 Guidance: In September 2021, the US government issued new federal vaccine regulations that certain government contractors must adhere to. Davis Instruments is a covered federal contractor and therefore our US-based employees are required to be vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination, by January 18, 2022. What does this mean for you as a potential candidate? It means that if you were to join Davis Instruments, you would need to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, or by your hire date (whichever is later) to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation or be legally entitled to an accommodation. Davis Instruments will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
UPDATED December 10, 2021 - Due to recent court challenges, the vaccination requirements have been temporarily suspended for Federal Contractors. This is a very fluid situation however, and proof of vaccination status may be required in the future.
Davis Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.